Amount: The grand prize is a $500 scholarship. Two $100 scholarships will also be awarded to honorable mention entries.
Description: Those who balance serving our country with a desire to further their education deserve our utmost respect and any help we can give them. That is why we would like to extend a special scholarship to people who are employed in public service positions in particular. This includes:
• Federal, state, and local government employees
• Police officers and firefighters
• Active military, reserves, and veterans
• Public school teachers
• Employees of non-profit organizations
These awards extend to their immediate family as well.
Write an essay about why you personally deserve to be a scholarship recipient. Provide some insight into your background and area of need; convince us that you would be the best choice. These will be judged based on originality, creativity, organization of thought, and proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
• Essay length should be 300 words minimum.
• Clear contact information (name, mailing address, preferred means of contact).
• A few sentences about yourself and a recent photo of yourself which will be used for publicity purposes on the Goedeker’s Home Life blog.
• Proof that you are enrolled in an accredited college for the spring 2015 semester OR proof that you have been accepted at an accredited college for the fall 2015 semester.
• Proof that you or a member of your immediate family is employed in a position of public service, such as a letter from your/their employer or a copy of your/their most recent pay stub
• For family members of public service employees: provide proof of relation
• For veterans: provide proof of previous service
Deadline: Submission deadline is July 31, 2015, at 12 a.m. (CDT). The honorable mentions will be awarded on August 17 and August 18, 2015. The grand prize will be awarded on August 19, 2015.
For more information: Visit the Goedeker’s Appliances Annual College Book Scholarship website for more info and submission information.
Best of luck to those who apply!